Officers for 2015-2016:
The Sierra Blanca Amateur Radio Club actively promotes and supports amateur radio in Lincoln County, New Mexico. We are based in Ruidoso, NM, located in the south-central region of the state, and we serve a county the size of the state of Connecticut!
In addition to regular club meetings, our activities include:
- We operate and maintain two open VHF FM repeaters
- We support the emergency communications needs of Lincoln County
- We provide public service communications support for local events such as the Grindstone Trail Run, The Fort Stanton Endurance Ride, and the Tour de Ruidoso 100 Mile Bicycle challenge
- Our experienced instructors conduct training for people wanting a new license or to upgrade an existing license
- Our cadre of Volunteer Examiners conducts amateur radio license examinations as needed
- We convene every Saturday morning for breakfast, to conduct training on various topics, and to conduct club business starting 8:00 AM at El Paraiso Mexican Restaurant, 721 Mechem Dr., Ruidoso, NM (in the Sierra Mall)
Whether you are new to the area, an occasional visitor, or long-time resident we invite you to join in the fun. Everyone is invited. If you desire to become a club member, here is the Membership Application Form
Do you wonder about the Shop at Amazon Smile advertisement in the right NavBar of each page?
When you shop at Amazon.com and you enter the Amazon Website by clicking on the button, a small percentage of the value of your purchases at checkout will be donated to SBARC at absolutely no additional cost to you.
Just like the ad banner says, “Support your Favorite Radio Club“. With free (to you) money, no less!
How can you not take advantage of a deal like this? More to the point, how can we make you feel guilty if you don’t?
When you click on the button is Amazon is notified that SBARC is to be the recipient of a donation made in your name. It’s a very easy and painless way to make a donation.
Please keep SBARC in mind when you shop at Amazon.com.